Afternoon friends and fam! What
a great week it has been! WOOT!
First of all, there is
electricity in this internet cafe, meaning I get to email ya'll easily, what
else is important? We have had a successful week of finding, teaching and
trying to work with and motivate many of the missionaries in the zone. It has
been fun being in the Lord's service this week. At times it is discouraging how
much rejection we receive, but I cant help but also notice how much success we
also have. There really are lives and people that we are blessing as we get up
every day and strive to work hard dispute the bumps and apparent setbacks we
always face. This work is rewarding!
This week we spent a lot of
time exploring new parts of our area attempting to find new people to teach
despite most of the area being heavily Islamic. Here and there we find a
christian person willing to listen, although rarely do they understand english
well enoough to understand the unique message we share with them. We have been
focusing our efforts in helping our members find those people for us, as our
efforts in tracting have been fairly fruitless... this week we are trying to
share messages and invite them to find those friends and relatives who The Lord
has prepared to accept it. I know they are there! Just gotta find them!
:)
On a side note, I got ran over
by a taxi this week. It is a miracle that i was able to survive! In fact, I
have almost less than a scratch and a bruise! It was a faith building
experience for me to see, time and time and time again and AGAIN that the Lord
never fails in His promise to send angels to watch over and protect His
servants. I know i was watched over in that moment that no serious harm
happened to me.(ok, only my foot got ran over... but still... :))
If I had one thought to share
from my experiences this week, it is the promise that the Lord gives us
regarding our desires to serve Him in this missionary work. I truly believe
that if we sincerely desire to serve and help the Lord in His work of gathering
israel, pruning the vineyard, saving souls, going to the rescue or whatever we
label it, we are called to the work! I have such a strong testimony from my
experiences as a missionary that if we simply ASK the Lord, He always replies
with work! and brothers and sisters to help! If you want to help one of God's
children, He has no hesitation in leading you to them or them to you. I know
this because i have seen it time and time again.
I would hope that we recognize
that there ARE precious souls in our lives that are prepared RIGHT NOW to hear
our loving words of testimony of this restored gospel. I remember living life
through high school and wondering who i could share the gospel with. I
discovered when i prayed to have eyes to see and feet to walk in the right
path that the Lord led me to a brother who was interested enough in taking a
lesson with the missionaries! I have come to believe that perhaps all we need
to do to participate in missionary work in our specific area is simply ASK
the Lord in faith. As a full time missionary, i am praying that I will be ready
to respond when the Lord replies!
I am looking forward to a wonderful week full of tender
mercies from the Lord as I labor in the Lords wonderful vineyard. I LOVE being a
misionary! I cant believe I have so little time left as a ful time one!
Love,
Elder Fairwell
Elder Fairwell
No comments:
Post a Comment