Friends of the outside world,
Today was a day worth living for :) There are times in life that the smiles the Lord gives us are unmeasurable. Although each day seems to have its own up's and down's, its own individual trials, some days are also blessed with such great joy that can't be found any other way than by enduring those trials! Life is good.
I was chanced to visit a Liberian refugee camp a few minutes away from my area which was built some 15 years ago when Liberian war raging. I went with an elder who once served there and it was so incredible! We chopped potatoe greens and rice at a random kobo shop which tasted SO SWEET!!! it was like eating at home all again!!!! so incredible to taste my people's food again! :) but by far was hearing the Liberian accent, there "koloka" as they call it. "How di-day oh!" rather than twi "etizen" was so wonderful to say. I cant even describe how incredibly satisfying it was to hear such language again. I really enjoyed visiting with the members and talking about Liberia. I've been in ghana less than most of them, but it was still a tender mercy to hear them talk of home. Im ready to go kill it this week no matter what comes our way with all this energy i've found by visiting this Liberian camp. Too easy!!! :)
Gotta include this miracle. We met a young man (24) coming home one night at like 9 pm walking through a ghetto who we didnt think would turn out to be much of an investigator. This week we taught him twice and his interest has peaked significantly! we discovered he is married and has two kids! and believe it or not, he brought them ALL to church this sunday! i couldnt believe my eyes when they walked in the chapel! that is so rare to have someone come to church so quickly! it was incredible!!! They enjoyed the entire meeting and had an exciting meeting with our bishop in which they expressed their desire to become members. AH! this will be my first baptism of an entire family! Im so excited! pray for brother richard and his family!
We are teaching an elderly fellow who has recently been swayed by our doctrinal beliefs. Every time we begin a lesson, he usually has a concern with one of our comments. It has been so entertaining for me this week to observe our lessons and see his countenance change. By the end of EVERY lesson i have had with him, he makes a comment along the lines of "wow, it makes so much more sense". I add my testimony that the gospel makes SO MUCH SENSE! haha. I beg to differ with those that say the gospel raises more questions than it answers. The gospel is so simple, and if you ask me it all makes SENSE. The only problem this brother is having is making the decision not only to learn and study with elder Bond and I, but to also follow and join us. Please pray for brother Benjamin that he will decide to come to church and see for himself the truth we have.
We enjoyed multiple lessons this week regarding Juju, spiritual occurances and other questions of the nature. I always enjoy making the analogy of lighting a match in a dark room to help describe the way faith in Christ can fight the powers of Satan. It has been a learning experience for me to come to a culture so full of faith and also so full of sorcery and witchcraft. But above all, I have witnessed the power of the Lord cast out all darkness and evil from a person, a house or anything of the nature. Darkness cannot exist where light does! That is the wonderful thing of our faith, it can casts out any trace of the devil.
Welp, life is good. Elder Bond and I taught 46 solid lessons, opening and closing prayers, this week. Thats a record since coming to Ghana. I cant describe the doors that the Lord seems to be opening for us here in Ashtown. I am grateful for the chance to serve as a full time missionary! There is no greater joy! :) have a wonderful, missionary filled week my friends! till next, love,
Elder Fairwell
No comments:
Post a Comment