Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Transfer News!


Wow, the dynamic duo has come to an end...We knew it had to come sometime! Elder Lamont has been transfered in town to Matadi to be a zone leader with my good friend, Elder Elliott. I sure am going to miss that guy. Been together for a good 5 months almost and we definitely did some good damage together. Worked hard, played hard, and gave it our all out there. I have recieved Elder Kamara from Sierra Leone as my new companion. He is about 4 months older than me on mission. Im looking forward to this next transfer, should be fun!
Sorry to report that not too much exciting happened this week as far as stories go... But we did have a miracle worth sharing on Sunday! My companion and I were sitting together during sacrament meeting, I looked back to try and see who all was attending who had walked in late, and almost fell out of my chair when I saw sister P, one of our former investigators in attendence. We had taught her for a little over 6 weeks. She wasnt willing to leave her church and be baptized despite her testimony of the divinity of the work, but her 13 year old daughter, G., wanted us to baptize her, even if the mom wouldnt join her. her daughter had been coming every week to church and would always go home praising the church to her mom and pleading to be baptized. The mother was always in support of her baptism, but we missionaries explained that if she was willing to allow her young daughter to join, she ought to also join. Despite our pleadings, we decided to baptize G. in hopes that someday her mother would follow.
Our prayers came true when after about a month of not teaching sister P., she came to church for the first time and confessed that she sincerely loved the service and wanted to be baptized! wow, Elder Lamont and I were kind of awestruck and in unbelief. It was too good to be true! This woman we had spent so much time and enrgy teaching, finally agreed to leave her ministry (she was an assistant pastor in another church)  and join this, the restored church of Jesus Christ. I dont know how long she will take to become baptized, but her parting words to Elder Lamont were "I'll call you when I'm ready to be baptized so you can come and perform it." haha needless to say, my companion and I were on cloud nine after that. What a miracle! :)
Elder Lamont and I also worked like champs to clean the Chapel and dig the canals/ ditches to prevent future flooding to occur. We enjoyed working along with one of my best friends/ recent convert and a handful of strong members. Service is so sweet! especially in typhoid water! :)
Wellp, my time is finished. Miss you guys. Life is good. Lets pray this next transfer was as great as the last one! :)
-Elder Fairwell

No comments:

Post a Comment