Well Well Well, I dont have a lot to say this week. It has been pretty uneventful. Just proselyting and sharing this wonderful gospel! All the good stuff is
recorded in my journal. Not too sure how much there is to share with ya'll but
I'll try my best.
The Brewerville zone was
reduced from 12 to 8 elders this recent transfer because of the influx of
missionaries. The closed areas will be re-opened next transfer when we receive
a whole ton of new missionaries. Im looking forward to that! Anyways, we are
enjoying peace and quiet in our compound now with only a few of us. We're able
to eat together and do things together with less of us, rather than trying to
accommodate needs of many. Elder Kamara and I are really enjoying the obedience
of all the Elders in our zone, pretty low stress level for us!
We enjoyed a fun service
project this week, we cleared a bushy area for a part member family and earned
the trust of those in the family who didnt like the church. That was fun. I
feel pretty boss-status clearing tall bushes and weeds with only a machete. We
hack through that stuff like its jello. Then we sharpen our tools on
nearby rocks and are covered in grass and shrubbery. We're pretty intense. I miss my echo trimmer, but Im also enjoying the African way.
Rainy season is in full swing.
I sure do love my Gortex shoes. Thanks for sending me with them! I dont even have to
wear boots while most elders have to. Too easy.
Our investigator pool seems to
be very small, relatively, but also very potent. It seems that nearly all those
we are teaching are progressing, even if it is a humble few. It sure is
comforting to see your hard efforts lead to success. I wish I could say the
same about our poor branch... Our branch presidency was re-organized this
sunday, the first counselor was released due to him falling less active, and
the first counselor's son became the second counselor. Anyways, nearly half of
all the lessons we teach each week are to less actives and recent converts. We're
also trying to provide service projects to each of these weak families. Our
teaching seems to be less, and maybe our baptisms will be low, but hopefully we
will be building the foundation of zion for this poor little branch.
I was impressed this week with
the importance of looking outward rather than inward to find true happiness.
Sometimes when we find ourselves facing trials, we first try and slow down to
accommodate the difficulties, but then too often we can make the mistake of
becoming too concerned with ourselves and all that we are going through. I
found myself doing this recently, and was reminded and impressed with the
importance of becoming as the Savior, who never, not once, acted selfishly. If
you ever seem to find yourself unhappy for no apparent reason, take some time
to look outward. Not only to provide service, but to try and give of yourself
with the intent not to please you, but someone else. I strongly believe when we
do this, we will find so much more happiness in our lives. I close with a quote
from... someone... i forget. "God does notice us, and he watches over us.
But it is usually through the actions of someone else that he meets our
needs."
Love you all, take care this week!
Elder Fairwell
No comments:
Post a Comment