Dear family and friends,
This week has been terrific! I
cannot believe it is Monday again already. I have really enjoyed being a
missionary recently and cannot see myself happier in any other situation. Of
course, I look forward to what lies ahead in the future, but I have really come
to love the WORK, and it truly is work! Sweet is the work my friends!
We had a wonderful experience
while teaching L, one of our recent converts. Its unfortunate that she
lives next to an entertainment center that loves to play loud music, thus
occasionally interrupting our lessons. Thankfully, L's attention is strong
enough to completely block out that music and simply draw closer to us, still
able to feel the spirit. As we closed the lesson, we remained to discuss with
her how her life is going, what friends she is making in the church and how her
family is coming on. My companion was laughing with her while I sat back in my
chair and suddenly became aware of the music playing in the background. It was
some sort of a gentle, melancholy song that you would likely find playing along
with a slideshow full of childhood pictures... or something to that effect. :)
I became suddenly aware as i gazed on my companion and my beloved convert, that
this day, this experience, this opportunity I had to come teach the first
principles of the gospel and these wonderful people I associated with would one
day become a memory, treasured and loved yet only a memory. I smiled as my eyes
filled with tears, profoundly grateful for this chance I have to be here. I
reflected on all of the profound miracles we had witnessed earlier that day
that were still playing on my mind; opportunities that can be found no where
else in the world but here. The music ringing in my ears caused me to remember
that some day, I will only be looking back at these precious few days. I
resolved to make each and every day count even more in that tender moment.
Life is great. This week we
were able to give solid baptismal dates to 4 of our investigators that have
been teetering on the wall of progression. It seems that they ALL have finally
overcome the barriers standing in their paths- be it marriage or repentance or
uncertainty of the restoration. I have really come to love and treasure these
investigators. I hope and pray that they continue in this faith, that they make
it to the beautiful waters of baptism. I also pray that I might be privileged
to participate in their baptisms! They are so great! :)
Well, this week ends the transfer and like i said before, I pray I stay in New Kru Town. We will find out what happens this weekend! ...but Im confident I'll go or stay wherever the Lord needs me to go :)
Well, this week ends the transfer and like i said before, I pray I stay in New Kru Town. We will find out what happens this weekend! ...but Im confident I'll go or stay wherever the Lord needs me to go :)
Our Branch President,
President Doe has earned a special place in my heart. He is a very loving,
gentle, diligent man. Albeit quirky and sometimes unexpected, he is wonderful.
He has helped very much in motivating our branch missionaries who haven't been
helpful at all these past few weeks! He went proselyting with us on Saturday
and Elder Conners and I enjoyed his long rambling speeches on everything from
death, to marriage, to traveling to the restoration. Haha even if the
investigator only had a small concern about if he could marry them, no problem.
2 hours later and at least we're all happy :)
Tomorrow is my birthday and I
think we'll celebrate by seeing all of my favorite recent converts and
investigators. Tonight, we are also going to go to that nice restaurant I told you about as a
little treat to myself :) Should be sweet!
Well, hope all is well at home. I sure love hearing
from you all and hearing your wonderful lives. What a blessing :) till next
week!
-Elder Fairwell
A senior couple, Elder and Sister Berrett, have been assigned to New Kru Town, where Elder Fairwell is currently serving. To see some pictures and learn more about the branch go to their latest blog post here http://berrettsinliberia.blogspot.com/
The Berretts were kind enough to send us these pictures. They are wonderful!! What a blessing it is to have them serving with these Elders!!
![]() |
| Elder Fairwell and Elder Conners |
![]() |


No comments:
Post a Comment