Well well well my friends,
This week was terrific! thank
you for all the birthday wishes, I really did feel loved and appreciated. The
day was fun and enjoyable! we had district meeting, which my district members
sang to me. We also enjoyed some banana bread i baked as a snack while i gave
instruction. That was fun. :) haha throughout the rest of the day, I had
a blast teaching some of my recent converts as well as the best of the best
investigators! woop! :) that eveing, elder conners and i cooked some pasta and
he even made me a chocolate cake froma box. too easy :) It was a terrific
way to turn 20!
We recieved transfer news this
saturday. Its bittersweet! I am leaving my beloved friends in New Kru Town, but
i am returning to Brewerville Branch! HA! that was unexpected! I will be on the
opposite side of the branch boundries as i was before, as there are 4 elders in
this branch. So somewhat new area, same ward, same apartment! im so excited
going back to the apartment that is out away from the noisy road where birds
sing and no car horns ring! haha I am going to be companions with an old
friend, Elder Lamont! He was a kind friend to me as I adjusted to Liberia and
mission life back in my first 2 monhs on mission. He is a great guy! Im really happy!
it should be great! im happy for the change. I was pretty sad to say goodbye to
all of those people Im teaching an working with in NKT. I will admit, i've shed
a few tears once or twice saying goodbye to some of thses people who I dont
know if i will ever get to see again.
Anyways, life is great :) Elder
conners and I went running almost every day this week in stead of the usual
jump rope, which was a blast! feels good to get out and go joggin again, even
if im wickedly out of shape. haha. We jog along a road that leads to freeport
bay, and then admire the beauty of the ocean. it really is just too good.
competely quiet out there, nobody around, just enjoying life. Nature is too
beautiful.
Speaking of nature, dry season
is in full swing! going out to the bush today for the first time in 5 months
made me realize that! everything is completely dry and brown! no rain or
maybe... 3 months! shesh! it really LOOKS like a typical africa picture now, no
greenage! haha
kk, times is up, love,
elder fairwell
elder fairwell
Note from Tina: Since Elder Fairwell and Elder Conners are no longer companions these may be the last two emails we receive from Elder Conners:
3/10/2014
The miracle of the week that we
are having is with one man named B. He is cohabitating with a woman that
he truly wishes to marry. So we talked to Branch President and invited him to
come with us to see the both of them. When we got there both of them were
waiting for us and intently listened as we talked about the Law of Chastity and
also when President Doe talked about marriage to them. By the end of the Lesson
both of them had a great desire to be married and to do it as soon as possible.
And even the woman wants us to come and teach her also. So that is what I call
a SUCCESSFUL lesson!
WITH HAPPINESS AND JOY,
Elder Conners
3/17/2014
Miracles!
L. was sick this week. Very sick. She had a high fever and her stomach was paining her to the verge of tears. Along with a few other symptoms. When she saw us she asked us to pray for her, we asked "In what way would you like us to pray for you?" and she asked us to pray over her. So that is what we did. It was a beautiful blessing given by my companion and we left. We reported the action to the Branch President and he promised to come visit her. As we went around proselyting we were passing in front of her house and we saw her on the porch smiling and laughing. (it had only been two hours since the blessing) We went up and talked to her and she was 100% healed. Haha. We thanked the Lord for that great miracle and we pray for more.
One man J. K. is going to be legally married this week and then we are going to start teaching his wife and children. Its been a wonderful process to see him progress so quickly. haha. He is the man I told you about before that told us in all innocence that he feels like he has been a perfect man. :) and I am very close to believing him. LOL.
That small boy A. is continuing to get healthier and healthier. Again, a true miracle there. For myself and him.
When we taught B. last, it was about the Sabbath day and we talked about not selling on sunday and the activities that are appropriate on that day. The look on his face was a face of absolute strain. It took about 15 minutes of coaxing by the spirit to get him to realize that "no, you cant have someone else sell on the street for you". Haha. But eventually, even though it was soooo difficult for him, he said that he would keep the Sabbath day Holy. And yesterday, he wasn't selling. Success. But he wasn't able to come to church because he had to take his fiancé to a funeral, and he went with her to support her.
Well, I am a little short on time and I wish I could send all of my miracles, but I think you get the point. God is good and Miracles follow those who keep His commandments/mission rules.
WITH HAPPINESS AND JOY,
Elder Conners
No comments:
Post a Comment