Monday, May 19, 2014

Flesh eating bacteria??! EWWWW


Well shewwt, has it been another week already? Sorry it's been so long since I've written to ya'll!
wow, I love getting on the computer to see all these wonderful emails and especially photo's of my brothers playing, dating and having lots of fun! I couldnt be happier! haha
This week has been one full of finding. Very rarely have I actually planned to go contacting as an activity, rather we usually contact everywhere we go- ie in between appointments and visiting members and Investigators. For some reason, we were unable to secure some solid appointments on Tuesday and Thursday, so we decided the Lord was suggesting that we go contacting. We did, and we found great success!

We met with many people, many of whom will likely not progress at the current moment, but particularly we found S. Family Lane, a small road in which most of the S. family and extended family lives. We contacted the first house, exchanged information, and asked if anyone else would be interested, they pointed us to the second house, who in turn pointed us to the next house when we finally realized that the entire community is relatives of the S. We scheduled to come teach Saturday and had one of the greatest lessons of the Restoration I feel that I've had during my mission experience. The husband was the most attentive and interested, while the wife and daughters listened attentively. We pray that they will hold true to their promise to attend church with us this coming Sunday. We also scheduled to teach the husband and wife together with one of our strong new couples in the ward who just moved in from Kakata. I pray they will take heart the testimonies we will share that day!

We also were able to perform a service project for one of our investigators which softened the hearts of his family, all of which previously had concerns and were prejudice against the church. We helped hoe and prepare his fields for planting for a few hours. I was embarrassed at how soft my hands have become now that I dont do any regular yard work like I used to. oh well. Sunday evening the family opened their doors to us and allowed us to teach them and resolve their concerns about who is Mormon and Joseph Smith. Our Investigator, Br A., was so excited and happy at the end of the lesson, feeling like his family now understood the church and that they could now support and even follow him into the church. We're so excited!

Bushrod Island District showed Priesthood session of General Conference this Saturday. It was not only spiritually refining to me, but also to that of our investigators who attended. They came to truly recognize and appreciate the divinity of this church and of our leaders. They saw that this is a worldwide church, not just a small little chapel meeting together each week. I know they felt the spirit powerfully testify to them that President Monson truly is Christ's mouthpiece here on the earth. Broadcasting General Conference like we did this week was wonderful for our investigators and members!

We look forward to zone conference this week. Thursday will be a combined conference between the Brewerville Zone and the Caldwell Zone, roughly 24 people between the two zones. Usually we have 3 zones combined, so this week will be a bit smaller. I dont think we will be having any special guests either. Im looking forward to it! Elder Pearmain (who is now a ZL in Caldwell zone) and I have organized a cool little octet to perform so it'll be sweet!
I mentioned that we have been contacting this week quite a bit. We decided to go exploring a bit which was pretty exciting. Our area has been picked through quite a bit by previous missionaries, so nearly everyone has been contacted somehow someway within the past year+ that missionaries have been here. So, my companion and I decided to explore and go beyond our normal proselyting routes. It was pretty exciting. We found one really ginormous Pig, some huge houses, some big centipieeds, a monkey, a hawk and even some fish. We also got a bit carried away into one area and got a bit dehydrated in our search for water, nbd. (we weren't lost...  missionaries cant truly be lost). We also came across a family of Jehovah's Witness' that wanted to try and teach us what the bible really says. We even met one man who has a flesh eating bacteria on his foot which means he has a very large open wound on his foot which is extremely discusting. its like one giant scab that was picked off and wont heal. yellow, pussy, full of blood and grossness. eww.. needless to say i wasnt hungry after meeting that guy....
Welp, the week was great! im looking forward to the upcoming one. Take care of yourselves! and remember, if you chase after two mice, you wont end up catching even one.
love,
elder fairwell

No comments:

Post a Comment