Dear Family, Friends, poisonous reptiles...
Wow, what can I say about this week! this transfer
is simply flying by. SHOOT! next week is Christmas email!! and that means
Phone Call!!! WOOT! haha mom, I think im about as nervous for this call as you
are! don't worry, I still have the home phone memorized and just in case that
one doesn't get picked, your cell phone. no idea what time of day the call will
be, but im sure itll all be revealed to me, precept by precept, line upon line
this week. worst case scenario, I just randomly call Christmas day and surprise
the heck outta whoever answers the phone. nbd. although im thinking ill do my
best to call in the morning time (texas time).
Well, im still happy, healthy and not infected with any long
term illness. id say nbd, but im pretty sure that in and of itself is a whopper
of a miracle!! :)
This week, while studying of Christ's Birth in "Jesus
the Christ", I have been particularly attentive to the weak things that
surrounded Christ in His birth. It reminded me, in a much more meaningful way,
that the Lord uses the weak things of the earth to fulfill his purposes. Many
times this week I have simply sat in amazement and awe at the character of some
of the people Elder Pearmain and I are teaching. Many of them, it feels like,
we are not teaching but simply reminding them of these truths
which they already know. Truths that they fought so hard and valiantly for in
the pre-mortal realm. Truths which are engrained into their soul that they
cannot deny. I cannot help but to feel that so many people here can be labeled
as those Abraham described as the "noble and great ones".
These experiences make all the difficulties or small
sacrifices or inconveniences I make to be a missionary worth it. I made a
comment this week to elder pearmain that I wish we could be missionaries,
just without all the sacrifices. as in, I wish we could go home
to our families at the end of a long day, lay down on the couch and
watch a movie or read a book. none the less, I am humbled and grateful, no
matter the sacrifice, to be surrounded by these noble and great children
of our heavenly father, and only hope that I myself can serve them well.
There is an article that I read in the Dec Liahona about the
gospel in Africa that really touched me. Sometimes, I forget all the good that
is happening as a whole, and get caught up in the weaknesses of our individual
branch. There is one beautiful quote that I thought was profoundly true about
the Church members, and even of the people as a whole, that their faith is
stronger than their challenges. I hope that that statement will also be applied
to me in the coming years of my life when I am certain that challenges will
come.
Life is terrific. My companion and I are having a bit too
much fun with the Christmas season :) lots of singing and caroling, Christmas
traditions and just overall being in touch with our childish Christmas season.
haha enjoy the season my friends! till next week,
elder fairwell
No comments:
Post a Comment